About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

22 January 2018

Peyote Twist Bracelet, or Social Nets' Benefit



Suddenly I found out that social nets can be used not only for fun and communication with the world... They also can bring some benefit.
And it means that at last my FB account became pretty useful. I registered there a little more than two years ago to vote for my pupils in some contest but since then the account looked pretty orphan: I hardly visited it five times a year. In the end of the previous year I found there four groups whose interests touched my soul... or ego :-) One of them is devoted to new beading technique, Twist Peyote - not Crochet. And today I've got the outcome from being the member of that group as made the bracelet with that stitch. To get more from the sample I decided to bead it in the colours similar to this one. Why? Because I wanted to make some kind of a transformer. I planned to take two bracelets with the same clasps and then to wear them either as two bracelets or as a necklace. That half tila piece surely begged to stick to the neck and I didn't want to buy as many those beads as it would be enough to make at least a choker :-) 



Браслет в техніці перекручений пейот, або Користь від соціальних мереж


Несподівано з'ясувалося, що соціальні мережі можна використовувати не лише заради розваг та спілкування з усім світом... Від них можна отримати певну користь.
І це означає, що нарешті мій профіль на Фейсбуці став доволі корисним. Я там зареєструвалася десь трохи більше ніж два роки тому, щоб проголосувати за моїх учнів в якомусь конкурсі, але з того часу профіль виглядав сирітським: навряд чи я його відвідувала більше п'яти разів на рік. Наприкінці минулого року я знайшла там чотири групи, чиї інтереси торкнулися моєї душі... або его :-) Тема однієї з них присвячена новій техніці нанизування - перекручений пейот без плетіння гачком. І сьогодні я отримала результат від того членства, оскільки сплела браслет цією технікою. Щоб отримати від зразка якнайбільше, вирішила сплести його в кольорах подібних до цього браслету. Навіщо? Захотіла зробити такий собі трансформер. Запланувала взяти два браслети з однаковими застібками і потім носити їх або як браслети або як намисто. Ті половинки тіли прямо таки палали бажанням пригорнутися до шиї, а я не хотіла купувати їх достатньо для того, щоб нанизати принаймні нашийник :-)




All what a person should know about this technique you can find in this and this videos. I like both but the first one has better quality.
It is the simplest rope I could make. The technique has more complicated variations which I'd love to learn as well.




Все що людині потрібно знати про цю техніку, можна знайти в цьому і цьому відео. Мені подобаються обидва, але перше має кращу якість.
Це найпростіший джгут, який можна було сплести. Техніка має і більш складні варіації, які б я із задоволенням також засвоїла.


No comments:

Post a Comment