About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 November 2017

Tulips Brooch, or Out of Season


The other days I was passing by the flower's market. The view of the bright bunches among the grey surrounding of the day was so great to see! Their blooming heads always make me smile and put in a good mood. And suddenly among the usual seasonal choice I saw the tulips in few vases... It was stunning indeed... I had never seen tulips in this time of year before... It was unexpected and amazing... (quite plain words to express my reaction!). I had a feeling as if by surprise became younger for a moment.
Tulips are very sensual flowers... maybe because they are the most awaited... but to see them here in autumn is the same as to see the falling snow in July. The shop assistant didn't let to take the photo so, right after coming back home,  to preserve that impression, I rushed to this tutorial on YouTube and then remembered about a piece of knits with tulip print. The only problem was to deside what to start making first either the brooch or the top. I wish I could do them both simultaneously:-)


Брошка "Тюльпани", або Не в сезон



Днями  проходила повз квіткового базару. Так чудово побачити яскраві букети посеред сірого оточення дня! Вигляд їхніх квітучих голівок завжди викликає у мене посмішку і піднімає настрій. І раптом серед звичних сезонних квітів у вазах я побачила тюльпани... це було справді приголомшливо... Я ніколи раніше не бачила тюльпани о цій порі року... так несподівано і дивовижно... (доволі бліді слова для вираження моєї реакції!). У мене було таке відчуття наче я зненацька на якусь мить помолодшала.
Тюльпани дуже чуттєві квіти... можливо тому що найбільш очікувані... але побачити їх тут восени - це те саме, що потрапити у снігопад у липні. Продавчиня не дозволила зробити фото, тож, щоб зберегти враження, повернувшись додому, я одразу кинулася до цього майстер класу на YouTube, а потім ще згадала про відріз трикотажу з тюльпановим прінтом. Єдина проблема була вирішити з чого починати: чи плести брошку чи шити топ. Хотіла б я робити їх водночас:-)



All the elements are beaded with seed beads 15/0 so despite I made five tulips, the ready brooch is only 5.5 cm in the longest part. After sewing all the elements together I just stitched the brooch pin placing it not to be seen from the front.
I am happy with the result and glad I didn't postpone making the project because of the wrong season... Who knows what I'll want to do when tulips' right time comes...



Всі елементи сплетені бісером 15/0, тому, хоча я і зробила п'ять тюльпанів, брошка в готовому вигляді лише 5,5 см в найдовшій частині. Після зшивання всіх елементів, я просто прикріпила застібку для брошки розташувавши так, щоб її не було видно з лицевої сторони.
Я дуже задоволена результатом і задоволена, що не стала відкладати проект через те, що зараз не той сезон. Хто знає, що мені захочеться зробити, коли настане час тюльпанів...


3 comments:

  1. Lovely tulip...may you have a beautiful day!
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the great compliment!And have a nice day, too!

      Delete