About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 July 2017

One More Tunic, or East Trace IV


Despite I started counting East Traces in my wardrobe from this  Long-Sleeved Top and this 3/4-Sleeve Tunic, the first of them was, in fact, this Morocco's Night Dream Dress and as it is my blog where I can write whatever occurs to me, I recounted the Traces:-)



Чергова туніка, або Східний слід IV


Хоча я почала рахувати Сліди сходу в моєму гардеробі з цього топу з довгим рукавом та цієї туніки з рукавом 3/4, першим з них все ж таки була ця марокканська мрія і, оскільки це мій блог, де я можу писати все що завгодно, я перерахувала ті Сліди:-)





Generally this post, as well as the new project, was provoked by counting entirely:-)  As any person, who sews a lot and wears mostly (or only!) self-made things, I have a quite big library of magazines on the topic (...have just counted 217 issues). I'd have much more of them but once had to leave most of those published before 1996 and still have some of their pattern sheets. I like to look through all the magazines and am glad to find ideas for new projects there not depending on the year of issue. The question is how many magazines even such a person like me needs. How many patterns I made and will make else from them and how many magazines I am going to buy (as the ideas repeat each other and old issues can be used) and where to keep them. Once upon a time I decided to send all the old issues to waste paper recycling but only could get rid of three ones and only because all what could be sewed was sewed from them. And how many possible-to-sew models must be in the issue to buy it (as tastes change with passing time and the things I hated can become obsessions and vice verse). And how many magazines with untouched pattern sheets I have and if it means I shouldn't have bought them. Or this my weakness is justified with my interest enough not to think about all that rubbish.




Загалом весь цей допис, так само як і новий проект, цілком спровоковані лічбою:-) Як і будь яка людина, яка багато шиє і носить переважно (або лише!) саморобні речі, я  маю доволі велику бібліотеку тематичних журналів (...щойно нарахувала 217 чисел). Їх було б набагато більше, але якось мала покинути більшість з тих, що були видані до 1996 року, але все ще маю викрійки з деяких з них. Мені подобається переглядати всі випуски і подобається знаходити в них ідеї для пошиття нових речей незалежно від року видання. Питання в тому, скільки журналів потребують такі люди як я. Скільки моделей з них я вже пошила і ще пошию і скільки ще журналів куплю (адже з часом ідеї повторюються і можна використовувати старі числа)  і де їх зберігати. Якось я вирішила здати всі старі випуски на макулатуру, але рука повернулася позбутися лише трьох та і лише тому, що з них вже було пошито все, що можливо. І скільки має бути в журналі вірогідних-для-пошиття моделей, щоб його купити (адже знову ж таки - з часом змінюються смаки, і те, що не подобалося може стати новою забаганкою і навпаки). А скільки у мене журналів з викрійками, яких я і не торкалася і чи це означає, що їх не варто було купувати. Чи ця моя слабкість виправдовується моїм захопленням достатньо для того, щоб не перейматися всіма цими дурницями?




Accompanied with these thoughts I was looking for a pattern for a new tunic. Despite most of tunics have the same drafts with slight differences in length and widths this time I decided yet to justify the buying one of old issues and chose model #134 from Burda 9/2011. It is the first thing I sewed from that issue.
I don't remember if I liked this blouse (tunic) when buying the magazine but now it seemed to be interesting. I liked the different lengths of front and back parts and then it turned out the pattern gives much chances for modifying to make it absolutely individual. What I actually did.



The pendant and the earrings were made for the tunic.
I don't know when some next East Traces will appear but I hope they will anyway:-)



У супроводі таких думок я шукала модель для нової туніки і хоча всі туніки мають приблизно однакові креслення з невеличкими відмінностями в довжині та ширині, цього разу я вирішила виправдати придбання одного зі старих випусків і обрала модель 134 з Burda 9/2011. Це перша річ, яку я пошила з того числа.
Не пам'ятаю, чи вона мені подобалася, коли я його купувала, але зараз ця блуза (туніка) здалася цікавою. Мені сподобалися різні довжини передньої і задньої частин і виявилося, що модель дає багато варіантів модифікацій, щоб зробити її абсолютно індивідуальною. Що я і зробила.


Кулон і сережки були зроблені до туніки.
Не знаю, коли з'являться наступні Сліди Сходу, але сподіваюся на продовження в будь якому випадку:-)



First of all my fabric is pretty dark. I liked the print but it surely needed some embellishment in order the outfit not to look too gloomy. So I found the remnants of silk to complement the main fabric.
In this post I mentioned about the absence of symmetry of fabrics' prints but this time it was necessary to keep it so I had to sacrifice some of the fabric width to have symmetrical arrangement of the print on the details. And thus had to make a seam on the back's centre. That's why I omitted the slit on the front and left a slit in the seam on the back to put on the tunic.






По перше, тканина моя доволі темна. Мені сподобався візерунок, але він потребував декору, щоб вбрання не виглядало якимось безрадісним. Тож я знайшла клаптики шовку, щоб доповнити основну тканину.
В цьому дописі вже згадувалося про відсутність симетрії  у візерунках тканин, але цього разу її необхідно було дотримуватися, отже довелося пожертвувати шириною тканини, щоб візерунок на деталях розташувався симетрично. Відповідно, по центру спинки довелося зробити шов і в цьому шві залишити отвір, щоб голова пролазила, а попереду вже такого отвору я вирішила не робити.






Next idea concerned the facing. The given pattern is simple but it can be changed  in any way to make it special. You can draw any shapes you like.




Наступна ідея стосувалася обшивки. Викрійка дана проста, але її можна змінити як заманеться, щоб зробити особливою. Можна накреслити будь які форми за бажанням.





After cutting the front, I copied the outline of the facing on the blouse to have check lines to sew the facing otherwise it would be hard to stitch the facing neatly because the fabric is soft.

At first sew the shoulder seams of the tunic and the facing.




Після розкрою передньої частини я перенесла контури обшивки на передню частину, щоб мати лінії по яким пришиватиму обшивку, тому що потім це було б важко зробити, оскільки тканина м'яка.
Спочатку зшиваємо плечові шви туніки і обшивки.



Then prepare the facing: baste the seam allowance along the outer edge. And then sew the facing to the blouse as usual but first put right side of the facing to the wrong side of the blouse, stitch, turn the facing, baste and stitch to the right side. Leave about 1-2 mm facing seen on the wrong side.


Потім готуємо обшивку: заметуємо на виворіт припуски на шви по зовнішньому краю. Потім пристрочуємо обшивку до туніки у звичний спосіб тільки спочатку прикладаємо лицеву сторону обшивки до зворотньої сторони блузки, прострочуємо, вивертаємо, виметуємо і настрочуємо на лицеву сторону. Залишаємо кант завширшки 1-2 мм.





As I had a slit in the centre back, I basted  the edges up to the neck hole. Then stitched the seam allowances and then removed the basting.


Оскільки у мене залишився отвір по середині спинки, я зметала краї деталей до вирізу горловини. Потім настрочила припуски на шви і лише потім видалила зметування.





And the last - hemming. It is made exactly like in this dress. The difficulty is in curvy corners. So at first fold and baste the hem allowance (here it is 1.5 cm). Then in the curvy parts (pink dots on the photo) either stitch with long stitches or baste with tiny ones and pull the thread. Then fold the hem allowance one more time but for 0.5 cm and stitch. It will be neat and nice.




Останнє - підшивка низу. Зроблено точнісінько як в цій сукні. Складність в округлих кутках. Тому спочатку заметуємо припуск на підшивку (тут 1,5 см). Потім на округлих частинах прокладаємо або довгі стібки на машинці або крихітні вручну (рожевий пунктир на фото) і потім стягуємо нитку. Потім підвертаємо припуск на 0,5 см наметуємо і настрочуємо. Буде гарно і охайно.

No comments:

Post a Comment