About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

7 July 2017

Linen Dress, or When It's Hot Outside

In summer in my location it is mostly hot. And sometimes it so hot that instead of thinking what to put on we think what to take off not to feel like a fish thrown on the coast. But in our culture, on some reason, to go around naked is not acceptable... I have no certain opinion if it is good or bad but the fact is we must be dressed anyway :-)
That's why probably any wardrobe has items to wear but to feel undressed at the same time when it is almost 40 C above zero. And as yet we live not so close to the equator to be burnt with heat as soon as we are outdoors, for me it must be something more loose than fitting, with a decollete, open back and sleeveless.... And made with linen, one of  the best fabrics  for hot days.
This time I chose the dress #109 from Burda 6/2016. Besides almost all the mentioned above details, it has the feature I don't like too much - a high waist but thanking to that its skirt is pretty loose what is important for such an outfit and flattering for any figure. So let it be.



Льняна сукня, або Коли на вулиці спекотно



Влітку в нашій місцевості переважно спекотно. І іноді настільки спекотно, що замість того, щоб думати, щоб такого на себе одягнути, ми переймаємося питанням, щоб такого із себе зняти, аби не почуватися викинутою на берег рибою. Але в нашій культурі чомусь не прийнято линдати голим... У мене немає певної думки чи це добре чи погано, але фактом залишається те, що все одно потрібно вдягатися:-) Тому, мабуть, в будь я кому гардеробі можна знайти речі, вдягнувши які водночас почуваєшся роздягнутим, коли на вулиці майже + 40 С. І оскільки ми все ж таки живемо не так близько до екватору, щоб спектися щойно залишивши будинок, для мене такий одяг - це щось радше вільного крою ніж прилягаючого, з декольте, відкритою спиною і без рукавів. А ще пошите з льону - однієї з найкращих для спеки тканин.
Цього разу я обрала сукню 109 з Burda 6/2016. Крім майже всіх вищезгаданих деталей, у неї є одна, яку не дуже люблю - висока талія, але завдяки цьому її спідниця доволі вільна, а для такого вбрання це важливо і пасує будь якій статурі. Тож нехай буде.



Surprisingly I modified nothing in the construction and followed the instructions with a couple exceptions. I didn't cut detail 22 for lining. It didn't simplified the sewing. On the contrary - brought more handy work  but nevertheless I think it was right. I also didn't reinforce details 23 and 27 with interfacing but cut them from the main fabric for lining.



На диво, я нічого не змінювала у конструкції сукні і просто шила за інструкцією з невеличкими виключенням. Не кроїла для підкладки деталь 22. Це не спростило пошиття, навпаки додало ручної роботи, але тим не менш, вважаю, що це було правильно. Я також не дублювала деталі 23 і 27, а для підкладки викроїла їх з основної тканини.




And the shoulder seams I sewed in usual for me way. Like in this white and this striped dresses. So I won't repeat all those descriptions.



Плечові шви з'єднала у звичний для себе спосіб. Так само як у цій білій та цій смугастій сукнях. Тож всі ті описи не буду повторювати.




One more trick. When cutting the lining, I try to cut it a little smaller than a main detail along the neck hole and armholes (if the item is sleeveless). It is easy to make just with adding different seams allowances. for example, add for the main detail 1 cm along the arm and neck holes and 0.7 cm for lining along the same edges. In this way the lining will never be seen in a ready dress even without top stitching (although personally I always make it in such cases).


Ще один прийомчик. Коли крою підкладку, намагаюся зробити її трохи меншою за основну деталь уздовж вирізу горловини та пройм (якщо немає рукавів). Це легко зробити, якщо просто додати різні припуски на шви. Наприклад, на зрізи горловини та пройм основної деталі додаємо 1 см, а на ті ж самі зрізи підкладки - 0,7 см. В такому випадку, підкладка ніколи не виглядатиме в готовій сукні навіть без відстрочування (хоча особисто я його завжди роблю в таких випадках).  



I wouldn't call this sewing either quick or simple but it is not too hard as well and this dress is surely very worthy to make and wear.
Special jewellery to complete the outfit: the bracelet and the earrings.




Я б не назвала це пошиття ані швидким ані простим, але воно і не надто складне. І сукня насправді варта того, щоб її зробити і носити.
Спеціальні прикраси, щоб доповнити вбрання: браслет і сережки.


No comments:

Post a Comment