About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

13 July 2017

Knitwear Wrap Dress, or the End of a Bad Day

The day was not a success from the very morning... It happens. At night a thunderstorm woke me up and I had to run around the house to shut all the open windows... The lightning sparkled right into my window and I hid under the blanket until all that storm went farther. So the morning started with a headache that made me angry. And I manage my anger mostly with cleaning, today it was weeding the part of the yard. Then it turned out my computer refused to work on unknown reason and, as a rule, such moments put me to panic because I am not good at technical things.
And after that I went on sewing this dress. I can't say the pattern is complex but  it took me two days to finish it. And all today's work was mostly wasting of time because few hours were devoted to making the belts, which turned out to be very big and heavy and didn't match the dress despite made from the same fabric. The ready dress disappointed me so much that I decided to wear it just like a home gown. Finally, everybody needs a gown. After shortening the belts twice! and shortening the dress and ironing I thought the outcome is actually not so bad.  At last to the end of the day my mood improved after I saw the photos my mum had taken for this blog post. I guess I got excited about that morning gown too early :-)
All about jewellery is here.


Трикотажна сукня на запах, або Кінець поганого дня

День не вдався з самого ранку... так буває. Вночі мене розбудила гроза і я мала бігати по хаті зачиняти всі розчахнуті вікна... Блискавка блимала прямо у моє вікно і я ховалася під ковдрою допоки вся ця негода не пішла далі. Тому вранці я прокинулася з головним болем, який мене і розсердив. Керую я своїм гнівом переважно за допомогою прибирання і сьогодні це було очищення подвір'я від бур'яну. Потім мій комп'ютер відмовився працювати з невідомої причини, а такі речі, як правило, сіють у мене паніку, тому що у мене з технікою не дуже добрі стосунки. 
А після цього я продовжила шити цю сукню. Не можу сказати, що модель така вже складна, але на її пошиття я витратила два дні. І вся сьогоднішня робота була переважно марнуванням часу, бо декілька годин пішли на виготовлення пасків, які виявилися дуже важкими і довгими і зовсім не пасували до сукні хоча і зроблені з тієї самої тканини. Готовий виріб настільки мене розчарував, що я вирішила носити сукню як домашній халат. Зрештою, халати всім потрібні. Після того, як я вкоротила паскі вдвічі!, вкоротила і випрасувала сукню, я подумала, що результат не такий вже і поганий. І нарешті, в кінці дня, настрій мій поліпшився після того як я побачила фото, які мама зробила для цього допису. Думаю, я все ж таки зарано погарячкувала з тим халатом :-) 





The pattern #116 from Burda 10/2016 was doomed to sewing because it is made with light thin knits and has a wrap, which is one of my favourite details. Easy to put on and easy to take off and no problem with fitting because here the skirt is loose. The latter visually adds a couple of kilogrammes but I don't care.
My fabric has different right and wrong side so I omitted ruffles. I think it is very good anyway because the detail would pull the bodice ahead and imbalance it... probably because my fabric is not so thin as they suppose in the magazine.
The hole for the belt I made like for the blouse 115.




Модель 116 з Burda 10/2016 була приречена на пошиття, тому що зроблена з легкого тонкого трикотажу і має запах, одну з моїх найулюбленіших деталей. Легко вдягати, легко знімати і жодних проблем з посадкою, тому що спідниця вільного силуету. Хоча останнє візуально і додає пару зайвих кілограмів, але мені байдуже.
Лицьова  і виворітна сторони на моїй тканині різняться, тому я відмовилася від шлярок. Але думаю, це все одно добре, тому що деталь перетягувала б верх сукні наперед і порушувала б баланс... можливо тому, що моя тканина не так тонка як в журналі.
Отвір для паска я зробила як для блузки 115.






To process the front centre edge I added 4 cm for seam allowance, rolled it twice and stitched.





Щоб обробити центральний зріз передньої частини, додала до нього припуск 4 см, двічі підвернула і настрочила.





The back neck hole is processed with the facing. It is easy to cut with the help of the back pattern. Draw the line along the hole and shoulder, add 4 cm for width and 1 for seam allowance and cut.



Виріз горловини спинки обробила обшивкою. Її легко викроїти за допомогою викрійки спинки. Обводимо лінію вирізу та плеча, відкладаємо 4 см на ширину і 1 см на припуск і вирізаємо.





Sew the facing to the back after stitching the shoulder seams.



Обшивку пришиваємо до спинки після стачування плечових швів.




The front skirt edge is processed as the bodice's.

To have a nice hem I recommend to mark it by this technique. You will be surprised how curvy and stretched it is before the dress is ready.



Передній зріз спідниці обробила так само як і зріз верхньої частини.
Щоб отримати гарну лінію низу, рекомендую її намітити користуючись цим прийомом. Ти будеш дуже здивована наскільки вона вигнута і розтягнута до того як сукня готова.




And, as it was said above, the most frustrating part of my sewing - making the belts. But if I wasn't lucky with it, doesn't mean everybody would. I also have common tips. To make easy further ironing and top stitching (if you want any like me) of the belt, iron the seam allowance before turning the belt out.
One short edge stitch in full, the second - in a half, the hole will be in use to turn the belt out. Do it with a knitting needle (if you have any), with an English pin or with a needle and thread as it was shown here.



І, як вже було сказано, частина пошиття, яка мене справді засмутила - пошиття паску. Але якщо з ним не пощастило - це не означає, що з кожним трапиться те саме. У мене також є декілька загальних прийомчиків. Щоб полегшити подальше прасування і відстрочування (якщо хтось бажає, звісно) паску, припрасуй припуски на шви перед вивертанням.
Одну коротку сторону застрочи повністю, іншу - наполовину, щоб легше вивертати. Робимо це за допомогою в'язальної спиці (якщо є), англійської булавки або голки з ниткою, як це було показано тут.


No comments:

Post a Comment