About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

14 May 2017

Fading Tulips Pendant

Yesterday, when getting back home from work, I suddenly saw how far the spring came into the season. The grass is already tall enough  to be cut, the trees have none of nude branches and around we already can see faded flowers. And today in the morning, when looking through the window to the last tulips loosing their petals under the drizzling rain, the same idea occurred to me. 
And at once the moment feeling gave the name to the new pendant :-)

Кулон "Тюльпани що в'януть"

Вчора, коли поверталася додому з роботи, раптом побачила, як далеко вже зайшла весна у рік. Трава вже така висока, що її підстригають, на деревах жодної голої гілки і навколо повно зів'ялих квітів. І сьогодні вранці, поки дивилася у вікно на останні тюльпани, що втрачають пелюстки під мжичкою, знову подумала про те саме.
І відтак миттєве  відчуття перетворилося у назву для нового кулону :-)



The pendant is made by Smadar Grossman's pattern from Beadwork June/July 2013. The colour style is changed, of course. I tried to keep to the same materials but instead of 11/0 Japanese seed beads 10/0 Czech seed beads were used and I also used different type of a drop.
Here the rivloli is beaded in a new for me way so it was interesting. But the front bezel's edge turned out to be shapeless. So after the rivloli was fixed, I passed through the inside edge three more times and pulled the threads as tight as possible.



Кулон сплетено за зразком з "Beadwork" червень/липень 2013, автор Смадар Гросман (Smadar Grossman). Кольори, звісно, я змінила. Намагалася використовувати такі самі матеріали, але, як завжди японський бісер 11.0 був змінений на чеський 10.0, також у мене інший вид краплі.
Ріволі обплетено в новий для мене спосіб, тож це було цікаво. Але передній внутрішній край обплетки вийшов неоковирний, тому після фіксації ріволі, мала протягнути нитку через цей ряд ще три рази, щоб затягнути його якнайміцніше.


Hardly ever I make this pendant again but nevertheless if it ever happens, I would start beading with connectors. Because it would be easier to match and taste the colours on the smaller piece. Despite the pendant doesn't look miniature when it is ready, its fringe, bail and connectors are pretty delicate and soft so to make them stiffer few times of extra threading was necessary.



Навряд чи я ще колись робитиму цей кулон, але якщо це все ж таки трапиться, я б почала нанизування зі з'єднувальних елементів. Це б спростило підбір кольорової гами, на маленькому елементі це зробити простіше.
Хоча кулон і не виглядає мініатюрним, його бахрома, та конектори виходять доволі делікатними, тому, щоб зробити їх більш жорсткими потрібно декілька додаткових протягувань нитки.



I didn't add big bicones.. don't know why actually... And still not sure about the chain's length because the outfit the pendant is meant to be to match is only a piece of fabric now. So I finished the random length of chain with a toggle clasp because hate different UFOs ((UnFinished Objects) although it's impossible to be without them). 



Великі біконуси не додала, навіть і не знаю чому...  І поки що не визначилася з довжиною ланцюжка тому що вбрання, яке цей кулон призначений доповнювати, поки що лише відріз тканини. Тож я просто додала тогл до довільної довжини ланцюжка, тому що терпіти не можу різні незакінчені об'єкти (хоча, ніде правди діти, без них не буває).




The designer also suggests the idea for the earrings to match the pendant but I am not sure I want them in that way so postponed making the set for a while.
So let the tulips fade..  that is not the reason to be sad. Firstly, the moment is saved and secondly, they give the way to new flowers:-)






Дизайнерка також пропонує ідею сережок в пару до кулону, але я не впевнена, що хочу саме такі, тому поки що створення набору відкладається.
Тож нехай тюльпани в'януть, не варто за ними сумувати. По-перше, момент збережено, а по-друге, вони звільняють шлях новим квітам:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment