About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

18 March 2017

How to Stash Seed Beads



Needlework is a pretty homey hobby. Despite I can have some on-the-go projects they are just episodes in the needle worker's life. The most of time we're attached to our homes with our activity not only because some equipment is pretty big and heavy to move it (I mean a sewing machine and an iron and other staff) but also because creativity is some kind of whirl of life: while creating something, you are at home, while using the result - you feel at home wherever...



Зберігання бісеру


Рукотвори - це доволі домашнє заняття. Хоча у мене і бувають якісь проекти для мандрів, вони є лише епізодами в житті рукотворниці. Більшість часу ми прив'язані  до наших домівок не лише тому, що деяке обладнання доволі велике і важке, щоб тягати його з собою (маю на увазі швейну машинку, праску і т. ін.), але і тому, що творчість - це таке певне кружляння життя: поки щось створюєш, ти - вдома, а поки користуєшся результатом твоєї праці - почуваєшся вдома будь де...






Stashing crafter's stuff  needs some room and not little. I'm lucky enough to have a special corner to keep all my materials. But, as any crafter knows, those materials have strange and incomprehensible quality to multiply in some mysterious way. So the problem of stashing is very actual. And it was always an issue for me. The problem with yarn for knitting and crocheting was solved in the simple way - I don't buy nothing new until there is no room in their shelf. The problem with fabrics is impossible to solve at all so I pretend I have none :-) And as for stashing the seed beads I invented my way. I thought it is important for me not just to find the place but also to see all the seed beads at the same time. So I compiled them into colour groups with binder clips. In this way they are easy to put into boxes or hang.





Зберігання арсеналу рукотворниці потребує місця і немало. Мені пощастило мати спеціальний куточок для цього.  Але, як відомо будь який майстрині, ті матеріали мають якусь дивну незбагненну якість множитись у якійсь таємничий спосіб. Тому проблема зберігання завжди актуальна і для мене теж. Питання з пряжею для плетіння на спицях чи гачком було вирішено просто - я не купую нічого нового, поки не звільниться місце на відповідній полиці. Проблему із зберіганням тканини вирішити неможливо, тому я прикидаюся, що її немає:-) А щодо зберігання бісеру - я вигадала для себе такий спосіб. Я подумала, що мені важливо не лише визначити для нього місце, але і бачити весь бісер водночас. Тому я скомпонувала пакетики за кольорами і скріпила зажимом. Так їх легко і по коробках розкласти і навіть повішати. 

No comments:

Post a Comment