About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

8 March 2017

Fringed Netted Necklace, or Colourful Memories





When started working on the necklace, I thought there was no better name for it than the designer invented. But during the beading dozens of colourful pearls put me in some playful mood and brought to my mind an old song from my childhood. Besides the melody, I remembered only its name "Kolorowe Jarmarki" (Colourful Fairs) that was on the tip of my tongue all the time so I decided that is the right idea of the necklace. As I am a little older now and have Google, my curiosity was enough to find the translation of the lyrics (it is Polish) and the song turned out to be about pretty... how to say... pleasant sadness. How else the  memories about the sweet things of our childhood, when everything seemed to be more amazing, more surprising, much brighter and funnier, can be called?


Намисто з китицями на сітці, або Барвисті спогади


Розпочавши роботу над намистом, я подумала, що кращої назви для нього за ту, яку вигадала дизайнерка і бути не може. Але поки нанизувала десятки яскравих перлин навіювали грайливий настрій і в голові засіла пісня з дитинства. Крім мелодії я пам'ятала лише її назву "Кольорові ярмарки", яка  не сходила з мені з язика, тож я вирішила, що вона якнайкраще  і відповідає ідеї намиста. Але оскільки я вже трохи старша і у мене є Google, моєї цікавості вистачило на те, щоб знайти переклад слів і виявилося, що пісня про такий собі ... приємний сум. А як ще назвати спогади про милі речі з нашого дитинства, коли все здавалося більш дивовижним, цікавішим, набагато яскравішим і веселішим?




It is my first flat net necklace (before I made tubular netted necklace and net earrings) and I liked both the process and the result a lot.
The pattern designed by +Jill Wiseman and can be made by her video tutorial.




Це моє перше намисто на сітці (раніше я зробила сітчастий джгут і сережки) і техніка мені дуже сподобалася.
Автор моделі +Jill Wiseman і намисто можна сплести за її відео уроком.




I used 10 colours of the pearls,  it is less than the designer.



Використала перлини 10 кольорів, це менше ніж дизайнерка.




I also made the toggle clasp but different than the designer and this time used this tutorial.




Застібку тогл зробила не таку як дзайнерка. Цього разу скористалася цим МК.





The necklace is very picturesque and decorative. I like it very much. Thanking to its multicolour style it will match different items of clothes.




Намисто дуже мальовниче і декоративне. Мені воно дуже подобається. А завдяки своєму багатокольровому дизайну пасуватиме до багатьох предметів одягу.

No comments:

Post a Comment